- Focused effort. We accept a limited number of engagements. This lets us devote the full attention of our most senior team members to each case, ensuring it receives every bit of time and energy required. It also gives us a low-conflict footprint, meaning we can litigate against virtually any adversary.
- Concierge service. We develop close working relationships with our clients. Because we’re typically handling a client’s most important case, we spend significant time understanding their goals, talking through strategy, and supporting them through turbulence.
- 360° perspective. We empower executive decisionmaking by identifying operational, reputational, and other non-financial litigation risks. From out-of-court communications to business strategy, we provide value-added services that convert litigation uncertainty into business opportunity.
- Expert network. We work with talented forensic investigators, influential communications firms, and leading substantive experts across a wide range of industries. If a dispute requires a capability we don’t have, we acquire it.
AT THE CORE OF INDUSTRY-CHANGING MATTERS
– American Lawyer
Small docket, big results. We’ve built a law firm dedicated to cases presenting the biggest opportunities and threats.
“We built a firm and culture relentlessly focused on solving challenging and important legal problems.”
Peter Stris is one of the most prominent business litigators of his generation. He serves as a lead strategist and presenter in must-win trials, landmark appeals, and rapid media-response campaigns.
REPRESENTS CLIENTS IN HIGH-STAKES BUSINESS DISPUTES
– LA Business Journal
Our clients vary widely. What they share is a desire for innovative legal services tailored to their unique needs.
- Businesses. We represent private and public companies looking for creative solutions from an elite team with a low-conflict footprint.
- Governments. We represent states, cities, counties, and governmental agencies in high-stakes litigation against powerful corporations and industry groups.
- Law firms. We partner with other law firms in their most important and difficult cases. Our collaborators include both Am Law 100 and leading plaintiffs’ firms.
- Individuals. We provide white-glove dispute resolution services to investors, entrepreneurs, and executives.
“We pursue our clients’ business and strategic goals as if they were our own—powerfully, persuasively, swiftly, and effectively.”
Elizabeth Brannen is the Managing Partner of Stris & Maher. She is also a first-chair trial lawyer who represents select clients in high-stakes business disputes.
IMPLEMENTS CREATIVE COMPENSATION ARRANGMENTS
With unparalleled flexibility to design our engagements, we create win-wins.
- Contingent. We offer a wide range of contingent fee structures for clients who want no cost risk or up-front financial burden.
- Hybrid. We combine reduced hourly rates and contingencies for clients looking to share risk.
- Fixed. We offer fixed pricing for clients who want budgetary certainty.
- Hourly. We occasionally bill on an hourly basis for clients who prefer a traditional fee structure.
Our clients also benefit from the relationships we have with leading third-party litigation funders.
THE TEAM CARES DEEPLY ABOUT THEIR CASES
– Chambers USA
Every aspect of our business is organized around three core values.
- Making an impact. We focus on cases where our involvement can be transformative. We bring to bear a range of valuable capabilities. And we get results.
- Embracing diversity. We credit our success to the power of diverse voices in shaping outcomes. At all levels of our certified women-owned firm, we are distinguished by the diverse backgrounds of our team members.
- Giving back. The amount of time we devote to pro bono work is peerless. Many of our lawyers devote hundreds of hours annually to high-impact pro bono initiatives.
“As a team and to a person, we care deeply about our clients, our communities, and each other. Those commitments fuel everything we do.”
Building on decades of experience as a litigator, counselor, educator, and problem-solver, Mike Donofrio proudly leads Stris & Maher’s Pro Bono Practice, with a focus on restoring trust in democratic processes.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|